So last week I was in the bay area and San Francisco for a flying visit. There are some standard touristy photos here, but the main purpose of this post is to update my metro count, which now stands at 19.
Some random observations:
- Nob hill has the most expensive-looking hotels on it, and thus, I suppose, the nobs.
- The BART line to the airport is a bloody good idea. Why do so many cities make it a pain to get to and from their airports?
- It would be remarkably easy to fall over the railing on the Golden Gate Bridge from a bicycle accident.
- Why don’t we have spiral escalators in Australia?
- United isn’t so bad when you at least get an Economy Plus seat.